Date / Time
Date(s) - 16/09/2021 - 10/10/2021
0 h 00 min
Trapped in Zone One is supporting Young Women’s Trust, an organisation working to achieve economic justice for young women.
This exhibition is showcasing a body of typography theme works produced during the initial lockdown, with each artist creating their own interpretation of the letter ‘Y’ as a representation to the varied work which Young Women’s Trust undertakes to help and support vulnerable young women in England and Wales.
Young Women’s Trust offers support to young women aged 18 to 30, who are living on low or no pay and want to build a better future.
They campaign for young women’s equality in the workplace and our research examines what young women’s lives are really like.
Their vision is one where young women have the freedom to choose work that fosters their talents and are paid fair wages in secure workplaces. When young women’s contributions are valued, all of society prospers.
Young Women’s Trust Values:
- Giving power to young women so that they are at the heart of their work: leading, designing and participating.
- Designing for the furthest first, so they reach and represent the young women who need us most.
- Understanding and advocating to end the many forms of discrimination that young women face.
- Ensuring that their staff and governance structures are diverse, so that they can reflect the communities they serve.
- Valuing and supporting their team in their development and enjoyment of their work.
The proceeds from the sale of each work from this show 25% will be donated to the Young Women’s Trust to support their ongoing work to power the change needed to win economic justice for all young women.
To learn more, https://www.youngwomenstrust.org/