Today, we are working in 3D… because your artwork’s worth it!
Fed up with flat paintings? You want to gain volume and relief to re-invent your colours and your lines? Do not click away, you’re in the right place. I’m not talking about hair, but about painting…
Have you seen the favourite structuring paste of painters, visual artists, scrapbookers, art journaling lovers, stencils and decoration fans? The modelling paste (called relief paste as well)
Modelling paste qualities:
- White paste (chalky and opaque)
- High viscosity, to help you create 3D effects, volume, and reliefs
- Available in different textures (soft to coarse)
- Use it pure, diluted or mixed with colours
- Spreads easily and becomes water resistant once dry
- Apply it with a silicone shaper, brush, roller paint, knife paint, spatula
- Dries quickly (depending on the thickness applied)
- Adheres to all non-greasy surfaces: canvas, cardboard, paper, wood, fibreboard, hardboard, plywood, stone, plaster, etc.
- Strong stickiness when adding materials or small elements (wood, paper, shell, pearls, sand)
- Different techniques: engraving, stencilling, scraping, sanding, gluing, painting, etc.
- Clean up with water. Keep away from frost and heat (always close the container)
- Does not yellow with time
Did you know? Unlike modelling paste, structuring gels (clear) do not whiten colours when mixing. The perfect solution to keep your vivid colours.
How to get good results from modeling paste?
In Art supply stores, the modelling paste is often packaged in jars or tubes. It can sometimes be called Impasto on some packaging.
Most of these products are currently available at www.greatart.co.uk. or in-store.
Two tips great to know
- To make really thick layers with modelling paste, it is best to apply the paste in several layers.
- To draw fine lines, dots or waves with modelling paste, you can fill a large syringe, or a piping bag, the same as you use for making macaroons or piping whipped cream.
Find all our modelling pastes available in-store and online at: www.greatart.co.uk.
GreatArt – your art superstore
Art supplies, ideas and advice for all techniques.
GreatArt offers you art supplies for all techniques from:
- traditional fine art painting,
- graphic art,
- model making…
We offer an extensive range of stretched canvas and display products for exhibition, all the art supplies required to create your own bespoke canvases, as well as custom framing and mounting services from GreatArt Store. You’ll also find hundreds of articles and tutorials to browse in the online magazine.