Applications now open!
Our front of house space hosts a wide range of artists and art activities throughout the year and once again we’re inviting our community of artists to be part of it!
Our open call at the beginning of 2018 was so successful that we’d like to hear more of your ideas for workshops and residencies.
Applications are now open for you to send GreatArt your proposals for the chance to be selected to work in the front of house. You’ll be able to create new work, interact with interested customers, discuss your practice with them, and make contacts to sell your work. We’ll also promote your residency or workshop to our community of artists through our store, online magazine and social media.
“My artist residency at GreatArt was a lot of fun and a great way to connect my artwork with an audience. Painting live meant I could talk about my process and show people in-person at the same time. GreatArt were hugely supportive and really let me do my thing!” – Dd Regalo
“I have immensely enjoyed the opportunity to run workshops at GreatArt Shoreditch. The great thing about the workshops is it helps continue to enhance my own professional development whilst meeting a broad range of people who come in to the store. I enjoy the challenge of coming up with new and exciting workshops to engage the public; with different themes or to give them the experience of new materials. GreatArt have been, and continue to be, supportive of all types of creativity which is simply fantastic – it is a real pleasure to work there!” – Amanda Callis, Cool it Art
« The project allowed me a bit of creative and physical breathing space to make something new and try some new materials. The environment was very supportive and I’m very grateful for the experience. » – Ben Connors
How to apply:
- Write your proposal. What work would you like to create? What themes and techniques will you use? How would you use the space? or if you’d like to hold a workshop, what would you teach our customers? How would you help them explore new techniques? Please also include any images that will help illustrate your idea, such as examples of your work, and any website or social media platforms you use to promote your practise.
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st October 2018.
- We’ll make a selection from the proposals we receive and contact the artists chosen by the 15th November 2018.
- Those shortlisted will be invited to discuss their proposals further in person at our London store before the final selection.
- We will have dates available throughout 2019 and will work with the selected artists to book their residency or workshop into our store calendar.
- Residencies should last a maximum of 3 days and artists may only work in the store during normal opening hours.
- Residencies and workshops take place in the front of house area and should not obstruct customers. Feel free to drop in and see the space before submitting your proposal.
- GreatArt celebrates all forms of art, however as the store is visited by families and children the work being created or displayed on site must be suitable for all audiences to view.
- GreatArt will recommend suitable dates and times for your residency or workshop to take place. If your proposal is seasonal or dependent on specific dates please include this in your proposal.
- Participating artists will be required to comply with the GreatArt In-Store Residency Terms. A copy of this will be supplied in the event your application is successful.
- Proposals must be received by email by the Midnight on the 31st October 2018.
For inspiration, take a look at some of our past in-store events in our online magazine, or on our instagram!
We look forward to hearing your ideas. Don’t forget proposals must be received at email@example.com by Midnight on 31.10.18 to be considered.