This Spring, I’d like to give a new life to my used brushes and a touch of colour to the studio. Enjoy the idea in the following article!
- used brushes
- 1 ball of wool
- Wire Roll
- scissors (which cut very well)
- semi-circular pliers
- cutting pliers
- an easel or a chair
Method – Step by Step
1/ How to make a yarn Pompom?
- I know a trick lot faster to make several pompoms at once! Saving time, it’s magic! There’s no need any more for round cardboard.
- Take the wool and an easel (or chair legs). Wrap the yarn around the two bars. with many layers to gain enough thickness.
- Using the wire roll and pliers, make tight knots every 5 or 6 cm.
- Take the scissors and cut the wool yarn between each knot held by wire roll.
- Place all items on a table. They already have the look of pompoms!
NOTICE: For some pompoms a small adjustment is needed with scissors. Here, the small pompoms are nice round. They are finished!
2/ How to make the flower?
- Take a used brush. Push the brush head into the pompom’s centre by distributing the wool yarns on each side.
- To fasten, use 2 strands of wire roll. Wrap them around the body of the brush by squeezing hard. Make a spiral collar.
And now it’s finished. Just make the same thing for the other brushes !!
3/ The result:
Here are some pictures that give you a glimpse of my old brushes.
TIP: To give a little more natural side to the bunch of alliums, I added some yellow pompoms held by a wire roll (more rigid) for the whole body.
Brushes that look like alliums. The transformation has a lot of charm !
The content for this post was provided by professional artist, Amylee. You can visit her blog here www.amylee.fr and her portfolio.
See all our products in our new art supply shop in London Shoreditch :